Helpful links and resources to get you started.
- FDA vs USDA – Who Regulates What? (Registrar Corp)
- Recipal (create FDA-compliant nutrition-fact labels, recipe costing & inventory management)
- HACCP Principals and Application Guidelines (FDA)
- Cottage Food Laws (home-based food businesses can make up to $50,000 yearly)
- Food Liability Insurance Program (affordable insurance by FLIP)
- SunBiz FAQs
- Food Safety Modernization Act
- Food Safety and Quality Consultation (Mérieux NutriSciences Corp.)
- Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Food Processing Authority
- Direct Farm Business Guide
- Collier County Business Tax Receipt (required to operate in Collier County)
- What’s required to open a business in Collier County?
- Get your business listed on SWFL Fresh, the University of Florida Institute For Agricultural Sciences website, which helps businesses that use locally grown produce promote themselves